London
11.09.2009
november 9│day 39
Oi! Things here are tickey-boo*! In fact, life is just smashing*! Teresa and I are swotting* hard during the week and playing hard on the weekends. While we are a little homesick, this trip has been pretty dishy* so far. Great people and great places... what more could you ask for?
London
London
We just cannot get enough of this city... It is unashamedly my favorite city on earth and it has so much to see. We went with some of our flatmates to tour Westminster Abbey, the National Gallery, and then to see Beauty and the Beast, the musical. It was a lovely day with lots of laughs...
Ben
All our cameras... paparazzi
Westminster
We ate at a pub. Melissa and Pauline waiting for their sandwiches.
Teresa, Alexandra, and Adriana
Outside the National Gallery... one of the best collections I've ever seen.
Warwick Castle
So, it's Halloween weekend and you say to yourself, what could be better than a spooky castle? Think again...
For Halloween, Warwick was hosting a haunted dungeon tour, so Teresa, Adriana, and I decided to go on it. While we were in line, and one of the actors comes out and says, “We’ve got another fainter.” I thought she was joking, but the next thing I know a first aid team pops up and heads in. A few minutes later, they come out of the dungeon with a huge teenage boy. His face was green and he was shaking. I’m not exaggerating. He was GREEN. So, we started getting a little nervous. Next, a family came out with their kids and said that the tourists were throwing up inside. When we went inside, it was pitch back. My arms were linked with the girls and I couldn’t even see their faces. But, what was far worse than the darkness was the smell. It reeked. We stumbled up a really steep staircase and everyone was squashed together in this little room with no light, and then, Adriana asked to leave. So, we totally chickened out and went to explore the rest of the castle. But later, at the gift shop, there was a brochure for the dungeon tour that Teresa picked up. It was all the torture methods used in Warwick during the Middle Ages. It looked disgusting, so I’m glad we ended up leaving. But still, I’ve never been to a haunted house where people were getting sick and fainting. Freaky stuff. All that to say, beware!
The rest of the castle was gorgeous though... Warwick Castle was home to the Kingmaker during the Wars of the Roses and has been standing for nearly 800 years. And, Warwickshire is lovely in the fall...
Not exactly how what we pictured when we thought "knight in shining armor..."
Victorian Rooms and Hats!!
We would have been cute medieval soldiers...
Like, I said... I want a castle.
Halloween
Here are a few pictures from the crazy costume party we went to. Teresa was a cowgirl and I was Audrey Hepburn. These are the before pictures...
Minnie Mouse Vampires
Elia, Me, Teresa, and Matheus
Everybody
Basketball
Finally, Teresa is on the Essex Blades Girls Basketball Team!! Here is a pic of her and her team... no uniforms, but they have a home game on Wednesday, so hopefully, I'll get some more!
*Tickey-boo is a really nerdy way to say "going well." Sounds like a cheesy pet name though... Swotting is studying, smashing is fantastic, and dishy is lovely. Oh, and Oi is hey. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having a blast! I'm glad you chickened out, I would have freaked at the dark room and close quarters. Keep the pics coming, can't wait to see Teresa playing bball.
o my gosh girls sounds real fun :)
Heather,
I will try to get some pictures of maryland but I don't know if mom trusts me with her camera...=D I'll have a lot to tell about though,. so you're not the only one having fun. I hope I get to talk to you before my trip but if I don't I hope I get to talk to you soon.
it looks like you guys are having a blast! (yes, it means the same as smashing!) i hope you guys had fun at warwick, it was pretty sweet when I was there. I hope you both can tell me more about edinburgh when you get back, it looked awesome.
mikey
Hi there,
I stumbled across your blog whilst I was conducting some research into the Warwick Castle dungeons. I'm writing a feature about how scary it really is and why people faint there. I actually worked for the dungeon in the summer of 2009 - so I know first hand what it's like and what went on there. I was hoping you wouldn't mind helping me with my research. Could I ask you a few questions?
FYI - I am a student journalist writing for my finals. Please help?
Contact me on matt.chappell@hotmail.com
Thanks, MC
Post a Comment